View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 12:55 PM
ACEAV8R
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Whoring for flight time

Originally Posted by ebl14 View Post
If you take enough (legitimate) late-outs maybe someone higher on the food chain will consider hiring back some of your lost compadres.
Nice try. What they'll do is eventually shut the station down and hire contract companies to do it for minimum wage and no insurance benefits.

Management is using the old trick in the book against employees. Divide and conquer is the legendary yet effective way of screwing with people. Believe it or not, ramp/gate agents, pilots, flight attendants, mtc, dispatch, crew scheduling, etc are all in this fight together. Maybe by just taking a little time out and learning enough to understand what the other guy(or gal) task are would help in not making one look like such an @$$ the next time they are red lining.

I once told a new FO who was starting to smell himself enough to get rude "not to get mad at me or my agents because we make more than him and have less money to pay the creditors." It made the captain and FA(both my good friends) laugh histerically and the FO turn crimson red from the embarassment. When i saw him a couple days later, he acted like we were childhood friends.