View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 06:53 AM
Smooth_Landing
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Default Grad school or Flight Training?

I have two main interests that would possibily want to pursue as a career: becoming a professional pilot or getting into urban/city planning. I finished my bachelors degree two years ago. I have been saving up money for flight training since (have about 20K ready to go for the FBO)...I have done some training, and I like it but I am not sure if I want a career in it at this point. The notion of being a professional pilot conjures up images of a fun lifestyle, challenging and rewarding job (not neccesarily monetarily, but rewarding in other ways). However, I have read some of the posts online and realize that is a hard road. On the other hand, if I want to go into urban/city planning I have unconditional admittance to a masters program at a certain University based on my undergrad GPA and GRE scores. That also sounds like really interesting, rewarding work, but I would hate to chose that and regret not going for the flight career later in life.

I obviously can't expect anyone to solve this dilemma for me...its something I have to do for myself. That said, I was wondering...for those who are flying professionally, is it everything you dreamed of?