View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 04:53 PM
DeadHead
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by New B View Post
I have one question: Why is it only in the aviation industry it is normal practice for someone who just finishied school/training themselves is allowed to teach others what they have basically just learned? Seems like a classic case of blind leading the blind.

In just about any other field I can think of, five years is generally required before you can even think about teaching others.

I'm not trying to "pay my way" into anything. I found a school which seems to have it together and wanted some input from people actually in the industry VS just from the school recruiter.
Teaching someone to fly REQUIRES a flight instructor/pilot to learn his/her trade to a much higher level of comprehension and understanding.

When your one day sitting in the left seat of a B-777 as the captain and your first officer asks you a question, not wanting to teach or help out will not suffice.
It's sounds like you've already made up your mind chief.
Just remember one thing,
If every pilot in the world was as unwilling to teach as you are, then a career in aviation would not even be an option for you.