Old 01-28-2009, 07:01 AM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Happy

Originally Posted by Jake Wheeler View Post
Life is short. Do what makes you happy and have no regrets. I like flying. I will never be rich, but I'm happy enough to continue flying for a living.
It makes me happy to fly a 737 from the left seat up and down the west coast a couple time a month while making 250K, but so far I haven't got that job yet. Should I continue go through a lot that makes me unhappy in the hope that eventually I will got to do what makes me happy, or should I only do what makes me happy at the moment and forget about the future? I mean what if I never get the dream job?

What if I were happy as a young and single pilot however when I got older and I wanted a family, to buy a house or to build a retirement? How could I remain happy if I did not have the stability or income to support my future? Leaving the profession after so much of an investment couldn't be a very happy prospect.

Should we take steps today that might better insure the happiness of tomorrow or let the future take care of itself? What if we end up someplace that we are very much not happy about?

It seems difficult to be able to be happy all the time. This happy business is messy.

Skyhigh