View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 07:30 AM
Ewfflyer
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Originally Posted by FlyJSH View Post
The media reads these and occasionally they even quote them.

Statements like "I'm raising a huge BS flag. Sorry Cape Air I just don't buy it" are not theorizing or inquiring: they are inflammatory.

By the way according to the report, when it landed, the plane had about 350 lbs (275 lbs plus the 12 gallons) not just 275 lbs.

And thanks, I had a great day
The fuel quantity was quoted from the article(Indicated by the ******//////******). I never said anything besides that about actual fuel quantities.

I'm with 172driver, I'd probably fall out of my seat to see any respectable news organization "Quote EWFFLYER off the Airlinepilotcentral forums stated that XXXX". They could say there's plenty of "buzz" on the blogs, but other than that what can they really do that anyone would take seriously???

And now for the bonus round. Even if this plane had only 275lbs(45gallons+ 12), that should've been plenty. What was the reason that the aircraft wasn't able to get that fuel to at least One of the engines?

I understand crossfeeding if there's a slight imbalance etc..., but wouldn't one engine still be able to draw off the tank? If not, and it's pretty obvious that it wasn't, would you have still taken off?

I have many questions, because honestly I'm still having a hard time feeling this one out. I've experience weird fuel problems with the C310's(well just one specific airplane), where when you went to AUX, it didn't do the typical use half, pump the other half out to the main. It never transfered any fuel to the main tank(still in kahoots on this one). Does it make sense....no, did it fly safely....yes......did you really have to pay attention to your fuel loading, definately. I'm just trying to figure out if any of this related to the C402.

And quick question while I have some C402 drivers here. Does the fuel system have only MAIN/Crossfeed/OFF, or is there MAIN/AUX/X-feed/OFF??? Didn't know if it's like the C310 or not. Thanks again.