Old 01-29-2009, 08:14 PM
ToiletDuck
Che Guevara

Joined APC: Aug 2005

Originally Posted by CRJPlt View Post
No that's absolutely not true. The full court case is still not scheduled. Again, this is Delta's APPEAL to the injunction that was won AGAINST them.
No that's not correct. DAL went to make the first move. Mesa followed by getting an injunction. Now Mesa has to prove that DAL's claims weren't correct therefore giving them no grounds to simply up an cancel a contract. This is not DAL appealing to Mesa. You can't have an appeal without a trail. They have yet to have a trail. If Mesa can't provide claims that DAL was in the wrong then DAL will get the green light to go ahead and pull the flying. Mesa can then sue DAL over it calling it a breach of contract and then take them to court. Until DAL actually cancels the flying there is nothing for Mesa to appeal since the "crime has not been committed".

Also DAL does not pay Mesa $20 mil a month. DAL pays Mesa a fee per departure just like every other major does to every other regional. That $20mil is simply a ballpark figure. Throw a few canceled flights around and watch that number shrink.

My money says that this last longer than a day. Hopefully I'll eat my words on that but basically if JO has a losing hand his best bet is to drag this out and long as possible by any means possible. Doesn't matter what he has to do whether it's "misplacing" evidence or other things of that nature. Yes I hope DAL wins. Yes I hope Mesa loses. Sorry to the crews but I'd rather see flying get shaved off the bottom then shaved off the top.