Old 01-29-2009, 09:07 PM
ToiletDuck
Che Guevara

Joined APC: Aug 2005

Originally Posted by RichieAshburn View Post
I don't think toilet duck is correct. Delta appealed the injunction. If the injunction is lifted, DAL can cancel the contract.
From my understanding DAL tried to pull the flying and Mesa filed the injunction against DAL. DAL has not appealed anything. The injunction was not a court decision it was simply a stay of execution for Mesa. Basically the judge said "So JO you don't think DAL has a case to pull your flying? Fair enough we'll give you till Feb 1st to gather whatever information you find credible then bring it before me. We'll go from there. If you can't show me anything showing DAL is full of it then I'll let them continue as they wish."

A preliminary injunction, or an interlocutory injunction, is a provisional remedy granted to restrain activity on a temporary basis until the court can make a final decision after trial.
My understanding is that you don't appeal an injunction of this nature because that's basically what the court date was set for. Outside of DAL pushing for the date to be moved up closer I see no reason why there'd be anything to appeal. A court date was set which was all anyone could hope for.

arizonastpilot you act like I have something to owe the Mesa pilot group. Maybe you can give me a reason why I should be so supportive? I know it's a bad situation for those there but that doesn't mean I'm suppose to be supportive because someone will lose their job. I knew the place was a horrible work environment 8yrs ago when I was in flight training and avoided it like the plague. Whether it was because of the promise of an extremely quick upgrade or the guys chasing a jet after 300hrs of flight time a lot of people went there to cut corners. Some got the experience they wanted and left and now others are getting the shaft. That's life. How many employees are walking around in Hawaii looking a job right now? You expect me to feel sorry for a bottom feeding company going out of business after it put a very well respected airline with happy employees on the street? Think twice my friend because I'll do no such thing. Let it burn to the ground for all I care. This isn't about me chasing a left seat it's about the law of averages. The industry as a whole will do better with the ones on the bottom gone. An airline that knowingly operates jets at a loss simply to run others out of business while at the same time giving their employees a contract that's not worth the paper it's on needs to go. The writing has been on this wall forever so don't expect sympathy from me.

It's like some girl that keeps being beaten by her boyfriend. She comes crying and you sit there and listen and try to help her out. After several times of going back you finally have to say "ok you made that choice I'm sorry its come to this but I don't want to hear it". That's about where I stand.