View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 08:00 AM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Hard Times

Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
Just wondering what everyone thinks. I am a company pilot flying a PA31-350 When I am not flying I work 8 to 3 with an hour paid lunch. I currently have 1500 hours and 740 hours of twin PIC time. I make $40K a year with paid benefits (salary). Due to the lack of flying I am only putting about 150 hours a year in my logbook. Most of my time is cross-country with a lot of Southern Cal. flying. QUESTION?? Just wondering if you think it would be good to stick around after my contract is up next year or move on. I have a great QOL happy with my pay and get treated like gold. Hard to find in aviation. BUT, lack of flying, will it hurt me if something happens to this job in 5 years or so? Career wise what would be the smart thing to do? I am also 35 years old and washed out of regional airline training. I never made it to the sims. Hopefully all this information will help you guys give me some good advise. I also have a CFI and MEI. Thank You
If you leave that job you most likely will spend the rest of your life trying to duplicate it without satisfaction. Especially now with the current economy I would stay.

Skyhigh