View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 01:33 PM
B Unit
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Talking

c12flyer,

I got trained up on UAS here in AZ at the Unmanned aircraft systems training battalion. I got into UAS at the right time when they had hardly any Unmanned qualified guys to train the soldiers. Been there ever since. I'm a contractor now and really looking to get into a job that will yield a decent retirement.

atpcliff,

They had posted two positions for CBP UAS, one was Vacnacy ID # 225581 and the other was # 225340. The latter appears to be Law Enforcement Specific and the 225581 is not. With that being said I'm going to assume that since 225581 is going to be more of a technical job than I dont really see why they would have an age limit. But I would also assume that you would be locked into UAS. Not sure which one you applied for.

Another thing im curious about is if they are going to cross train there pilots to do the Sensor Operator (SO) positions. The Air Force has the UAS pilot and the SO as separate Jobs. If they separate them then that may be another avenue to get in the door.

And I know this is the wrong forum for this, but the Cardinals are going to kick some Steeler tail!!