Old 02-04-2009, 09:16 AM
DreamAir
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: C-172 Instructor

1. Chill out! the Multi-engine check ride is a breeze compares to the likes of a Instrument of CFI check. (But my oral for the Multi was two hours, dunno why. Seemed a whole lot shorter then two hours anyways.)

2. If your rusty on instruments, brush up. My Examiner gave me an engine out while half way through the procedure turn, then failed my glide slope when I was inbound on the ILS approach. (That got my head spinning)

3. Make sure you tell tower and your landing with power on one engine that your a 'simulated-single engine'. I was flustered and told the tower at first that I was single engine, but I snuck in a second call reporting a simulated single engine. (Had to call tower after the check for that! Opps! But the manager was nice and understood)

4. When turning from downwind to base to final, DO NOT EXCEED 15 degrees of bank! (I did not know this during my check and did this to keep from over shooting the runway.)

5. Understand that the POH, or Imformation manual will and do lie (BIG TIME) to you on aircraft performance.

Who says you don't learn something from a check ride Just to give you an idea. After the flight I looked back at the seat in the cockpit, mine was soaked. The Examiners, dry as a bone. Go figure.