Thread: C-17 Gear Up
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 06:42 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by SoPinesHeel View Post
Yeah...Tar and Feather them!!!!! Off with their heads!!!!! Screw Um!!!!!!

In no way do I take this lightheartedly, and I agree there should be serious repercussions, but it has been my experience that those who are ready to rip the wings off of the mishap aircrew are the ones who have the most to cover for.

Thunder, you should have stayed on active duty with that attitude. You would make a great commander and an even better evaluator.

I think I remember hearing about some dude saying something like "Those without sin, throw the first stone..." I can't remember what his name was.

SPH -

This is an insult to every one of us who have stayed on active duty, are great commanders and even better evaluators.
I don't know what caused this gear up landing. What I do know is that in earlier posts people were ready to blame: TACC, Tactical mindset, poor ATC, wx, terrain, Talibany, AD crews that have limited experience, duty days, fatigue, NVG issues etc - for instance. No one yet has said what very well may be the cause and that is a crew that messed up, they made a mistake, they didn't do some checklist or perform adequate CRM. But bashing on someone who brings up this possibility and then basically saying that anyone on active duty has a bad attitude is wrong.

USMCFLYR