View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 05:11 PM
withthatsaid182
Drinkin' coffee...

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: P-p-piiilatusss

Originally Posted by imbroke View Post
At first I wanted to go anywhere but SJ. Now that I have taken some time to think about it I think I might like to go to SJ and fly the ATR. Here are my reasons tell me what you think. 1. Probably have the best chance at paying off my student loans and surviving at the same time on first yr FO pay (compared to ORD, MIA, LAX, JFK, ect.) 2. The weather would be pretty awesome, 82deg average for the year, low near 70 during the winter. 3. If I absoulutely hated it I could hopefully bid to get on the ERJ or CRJ somewhere else after a year and second year FO pay wouldn't be that bad (compared to first years). 4. I actually like flying so the ATR would be the best for me. 5. I need to work on my spanish, haha.
if you go to SJU and don't commute you might live a lonely life without any family or friends. if you commute you will find out how much commuting sucks.

you won't pay off your students loans easily on FO pay no matter where you are.

you do get a lot of good experience flying in the northeast. i don't think there is anything else like it. flying a prop is good experience too, i can't discredit that.

from what i have heard it's a pretty crack operation down there but if you can make the best of it you won't mind any other base.

if you come to JFK you get really good at jamacian.