View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 08:21 AM
RedeyeAV8r
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by Hornet Pilot View Post
So how about some negatives of being a pilot? The only consistent negative I see is the potential for job insecurity. The job itself seems great, although like any job there are things that some people don’t like. As for the job insecurity, I am sure that there are a lot of FEDEX/SWA guys out there who will tell you to not worry about it. Kind of makes you want to go work with them.
Any FedEx or SWA or UPS pilot that tells you we are immune to Instability................is smokin crack.or at least they should be tested.

In the profesional Pilot Field..(Even in the Military)..........There is No job security.

They are all Great places to work..........and currently are the only Big boys hiring........well I forgot CAL.

At one time........Pan AM and TWA were the best places to work......Eastern too. Continental was the place in the early 70's...............that changed for over 20 years........but CAL is a good place again. United and Delta were the place in the Late 90's early 2000 (prior 9/11). It is all timing ( lots of luck)where you end up on the list when the down turn comes.

It is quite possible FedEx, UPS and SWA will all see stagnation and possible even negative growth at some point in the future. Always keep that in mind..............United, DAL and NWA will turn around and some time in the future be a good place to work again.

That being said, If being a Pilot is your dream........do not hesistate to send in an APP. When your on the Wave.......Ride it!! Good Luck