Old 02-10-2009, 08:15 PM
cesnacaptn
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by Fred Flintstone View Post
On your first point, the DOT has carried out an investigation and required changes to the initial plan to gain certification. As part of that investigation, the buyback and resell rights of the US investor portions were disclosed and passed muster. So long as any buyback and resell of stock follows what was written in the show cause order it is legal. Read the docket, it's all in there.
I guess Alaska is trying to make sure that VA is still in compliance with the law. I'm sure VA has nothing to worry about since they are in compliance of the law right?

Originally Posted by Fred Flintstone View Post
On your second point, that's pretty easy for you or anyone else to say, so long as you aren't the out of work guy looking to cover a house payment. If you are, your story will change on a dime. What you are telling any unemployed/furloughed pilot is "tough luck sucker, but you can't work as a pilot if it possibly affects me". Sounds pretty selfish in those terms, doesn't it?

For Alaska to bark about this is just normal business. They are conducting a fishing expedition, nothing more.
That's why I originally wrote, "I also understand that we all have to put food on the table." I realize that desperate times call for desperate measures.

So what's the justification of the pilots who left senior positions at regionals and the F.O. for another major who left for VA. They weren't "out of work guy looking to cover a house payment." I guess they're just happy to fly an Airbus for comparatively low wages.