Old 02-12-2009, 07:36 AM
Bucking Bar
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler

ACL65:

We know this began with the observations and concerns of the Code Share Committee. It is common in ALPA for the MEC Chair to bring a Grievance for the pilots. My semi informed guess is that this would have involved the Code Share Committee and Contract Negotiating Committee to resolve the meaning of the language in the PWA.

I don't know the people who serve in the capacities directly, but it is likely there is some overlap, so some Reps may have been in the loop and others not, depending on their involvement in committee work.

Usually D_ALPA controls their communications very well, so if there are different perspectives, that in itself is unusual.

Back to the Compass issue, if Compass had come aboard, would we be talking something like 186 large small jets allowed in addition to Compass's E175's? I agree Moak did this for a reason and that may have been part of the calculation. It is a question worth answering, wish they would address it.

IMHO this buys the Company a little time to get the network figured out before parking some mainline jets. As you pointed out, ALPA hopes attrition makes the problem painless.

Last edited by Bucking Bar; 02-12-2009 at 07:47 AM.