View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 10:18 AM
PLTwnab
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Default Pilot hopefull questions...

I've wanted to be a pilot since 2nd grade just like most ppl in here, but I have sooo many questions and I trust no one to answer them than pilots themselves...so I finally decided to join the forum...I'm 20 n right now I'm going to school to become a teacher. I'm wondering if it's possible to fly just over the summers. I realize that I can fly privately as such but I've always wanted to see the world as well, so I'm wondering if I can fly over the summers commercially. I'm teaching because of the good retirement plan and because, from what I've seen, it's a much more steady job than a pilot (especially after 9/11), even though teaching has never really interested me. So if you have opinions, plz jump in...

also, I wz thinking bout joining Spartan to become an AMT, but I am wondering if avionics might be a better choice...or if Spartan's even a good idea and how much typical pilots get paid to start...is it still around $50,000? or wz the advisor at Spartan lying to me to get me to register? and is it higher for males or females? and does anyone know if Embry-Riddle is actually as good as Spartan? or would Sporty's be my best choice? I know this is a lot to take in, but I need all the help I can get...