View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 10:35 AM
DublinFlyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: CL-65 F/O

Originally Posted by WEACLRS View Post
I've known about 3407 for five hours now. I just finished listening to the ATC audio. I'm have been and am still sitting here just stunned.

I flew with Marvin a number of times when he was an FO on the Saab at IAH. You're right, you'd have liked him...a lot. He was a great guy to fly with. Professional, calm, very competent, cautious, and thorough. We flew a three day trip together in October 2006. We had an aborted takeoff in ABI. He handled his responsibilities perfectly, professionally, and proactively, just like a routine simulator evolution. He always displayed great care for his crew and for his passengers. He made my life easy as my FO. I'd have flown with him anytime, anywhere. To his family - if there was something he could have done, I assure you, Marvin tried to do it.

When I fly west for the final time, he's one of the first I'll look for and find. I did not know the rest of the crew. My deepest thoughts and wishes to their family and friends. They could not have made their final flight with anyone finer.
Thanks for sharing, that's really quite nice. He sounds like someone I would have enjoyed flying with, a lot.