View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Herbie
18 Day Gear Monkey

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Phenom Gear Jockey

First off, my deepest sympathy and condolences to those that lost a loved one or friend on Colgan 3407 last night. While I ddin't know anyone on the airplane, I have a few pals at Colgan and my thoughts and prayers are with all affected by this horrible tragedy.

I have spent a good part of the day reading the posts and watching the news, and I had to take a moment of pause to reflect on why I/We do this as well as reflect on the way I have conducted myself as an airline pilot. Hearing all of the kind words said about the crew and the jumpseater, I can't help but wonder how I would be remembered if it were me. I have to say that it is times like these that make me want to perform my job even better than I am now. That is not to say I don't or haven't, and I have always considered myself a safe and proficiant pilot, but there is always room to better ourselves, if for nothing else, than for those who have lost their lives doing what we all love to do.

No matter what equipment you fly or who you fly it for, take a moment the next time you get in your seat and remember why you are there and the ones not fortunate enough to be there with you. Remember the lessons that they have taught us and enjoy every second you get to spend up there, because you never know what may happen. Enjoy it while you can, and hug your family even tighter every chance you get to see them. And to the pax and crew of Colgan 3704, God Speed and may you all Rest In Peace. To all of us left behind, take care of yourselves and fly safe.

AR
Waterskier
07-Present