Old 02-14-2009, 07:34 AM
hiredgun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by RAHPilot5 View Post
I agree with some of your post. The fact that you are mentioning a staple is unfair. I was directly affected by the Shuttle America integration but I did not complain about 50+ pilots going directly in front of me because a lot of them lost senioirty. I saw the bigger picture and I wasn't thinking of me me me. What about AA inergrating TWA. Was that fair?

My personal opinion is EVERYONE needs to take it on the chin and do the right thing and intergrate something besides staple. I am hopeful and happy that some of yall are trying to make this profession right again so lets do it at every angle. Staple does nothing. Of course I'm just wishing.

Carry on
It's not fair to the Midwest pilots that Republic is ummm...I'll excersise restraint here and use the arbitrator's terminology--"codesharing" the vast majority of Midwest Airlines flying and replacing good paying pilot jobs with lowball paying jobs that pay less than the guy plowing the snow off my driveway. Tell the 13 year Midwest captain who was making $130,000/year and went straight to the unemployment line about "fair". It's not fair I lost 2% seniority at Delta in the merger with NWA and the FNWA guys will find things that weren't fair to them...whatever...life's not fair. You take gratuitous liberty to preach the "kumbayah-brotherhood we're-all-in-this-together line while Midwest guys are selling all their shi1t, pulling their kids out of college, and enrolling in Wisconsin's free health insurance plan. I would submit that to some extent we aren't in this together. Senior guys screw junior guys at the negotiating table with B scale, MECs and national unions govern and negotiate with their own agendas, regional guys fly mainline routes for a fraction of the pay, mainline guys negotiate scope on regional jets and so and so on. My votes on various contracts and side-letters aren't predicated on what's good for my fellow brethren first but what''s good for me and my family..,period. A lot of pilots wax self-righteous about "the brotherhood", but if they were really honest, most would admit they vote what's expedient and beneficial to them, not the captains above them or the junior guys in the last class hired. Maybe you really believe what you're saying here, it just a little too convenient to invoke the "fairness" principle when Republic guys are flying Midwest pilots' seats and benefitting off the back of guys that fought hard to elevate their pay and benefits from the industry cellar. It is what it is.

Last edited by hiredgun; 02-14-2009 at 07:23 PM.