View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 10:14 AM
JoeyMeatballs
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: A-320

One thing I will say is for those that fly Turbo-Props, the experience you will gain while flying IN THE WEATHER is bar-none the best you will get. There was not 1 hour of the 800 I had in the SAAB that I wasn't learning something, especially when it comes to winter flying and ICE. One thing for sure is I always know when I am flying with a guy that has time in a Turbo-Prop, and you guys know what I mean

The media is clueless and I am sure they will view T-Props as dangerous but the fact is Turbo-props do 10x as many cycles as jets (minus some regional ones) and T/O & Landings are when bad things tend to happen, most major pilots do 2 landings a day, I know at Colgan it was 6, 7, and even 8 legs day for me and that alone just increases the chances of something happening, you make a 737 or 757 do that many short hops a day and the statistics would probably mirror that of a T-Prop as well.

Once again my thoughts to the crew & families of 3407 and I am impressed with all of you guys and this thread, class act!

This just breaks my heart, so sad.
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...ot.family.kiro

Last edited by JoeyMeatballs; 02-14-2009 at 10:45 AM.