View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Sideshow Bob
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: MD11 CPT
Talking

Originally Posted by de727ups View Post
I wouldn't recommend aviation to my kid, either, because the only reason he has an interest in flying is because he see's what a great job I have. That's the wrong way to look at it.

People should get into flying because they love flying. It can be a great career for those who can put up with the downside. Of course, it's easy to be critical of the career at the moment with the economy and age 65. Who knows what the future will bring.

Skyhigh, you even said that yourself.

Here's some good Skyhigh quotes from the past:

"No one can really say what will happen".... Skyhigh 5/20/08

"I have no issue with those of you who advance knowingly into this profession." Skyhigh 6/7/08

"I am not trying to stop a true believer from joining the ranks" Skyhigh 9/18/08

"I am not trying to criticize anyone. Just trying to get people to think about a few things." Skyhigh 12/26/08

and lastly, one of my favorites

"Everything that you need to know about flying can be gotten from watching a few King tapes." Skyhigh 12/02/2008

I wonder what Sully would think about that one......
LMAO...

And that's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to priceless/clueless Skyhigh lines. For someone running around handing out cyanide to anyone who even contemplates thinking about aviation he sure spends a lot of time around those actually doing it who didn't give up...

Real estate or assisted suicide suicide sales must not be going so well.

Very strange.