View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 11:05 AM
mxaexm
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009

Hey,

For sure take the class: Motorcycle Safety Foundation It will really save your life.

As far as the beginners bikes go here is a list...

Kawasaki Ninja 250...some people say is not big enough...but it might be a lot of fun...after a year or two you can upgrade to a bigger bike.

Kawasaki Ninja 500...it looks like a standard bike (you don't lay on the gas tank that much). Really nice bike (one of my favorites). You can buy one relatively inexpensive.

Suzuki SV 650 (the naked edition) Good bike but has more power than the Kawi's I have listed above.

Kawasaki Versys...(Haven't seen one at the dealership yet but people say a lot of good stuff about it)

So you don't have to buy a busa to have fun!!!

Remember take the class, wear protective gear, be smart and have fun...always ride your own ride!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
Well i would really love to get one but being 21 and male is killer on the insurance. I like the Yamaha YZF600 though and hopefully someday will be able to afford one when they dont consider me such a risk. Anyone have and good ideas on what are some good bikes to start on? Like I said I am kinda partial to the crotch rocket style but maybe thats because Im young and feel invincible......