Old 02-15-2009, 01:08 PM
EmbraerFlyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: CA

Horizon is a small airline, mainly by choice. However, the average captain at Horizon has more years in the industry than most captains and FO's a the majors. The average FO at Horizon is about 8 years, the average captain is about 18 years. To say that an FO at major has more experience because he/she is flying heavier metal just goes to show how uneducated the media is. We all know there is a lot of people that choose to stay at regional for the quality of life. If i live in Seattle and has been at Horizon for 20 years on top of the pay scale, why on earth would i accept and job with CAL to be based in EWR for $30per hour. This reporter seem really proud of him/herself, like they uncovered something new. I did like the fact that some more accurate numbers are out there like the average FO makes $18,000 instead of $40,000 that some other articles were claiming. We make less money at the regional level but to say you are here because you are inexperience is just stupid. This article failed to mention the fact that you could have 20 years at one company and if you want to go fly something bigger (if that's what you heart desire) then you have to do so a poverty level wages