Old 02-15-2009, 02:12 PM
andy171773
Furlough line holder

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: CRJ2, ATR, CRJ7, E145, 737

Originally Posted by STILL GROUNDED View Post
I know what you are saying and in your current state of mind(knowing these folks who perished), I can see your point. I do however think this article was less about scaring people and more about educating them. There were quite a few positive things said as well also pointing out reasonable estimates on our payscales. I'm sure a 10 year FO at American would feel differently, the average $138k was a little far fetched. I am sure they are lumping capt's with fo's. Anyhow, take time to breathe for yourself. You're spending a lot of time on here based on your posts. Get together with some friends talk about these wonderful people who are no longer with us. My best to everyone.
I don't think there are any/many 10 year FOs at American

Don't forget all the furloughed guys that were gone in late 2001 and the TWA mess. The cuts went way deeper than 1999 (which would make them a 10 year FO as of now)...so the numbers might not be that far off.

Considering it's an "average"..with such a tilted pay scale (15+ year FOs...20+ year captains) i bet 138K is pretty close.