Old 02-15-2009, 11:54 PM
HercDriver130
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 744 CA

Johnson... I agree I am NOT saying that a staple of some sort is not appropriate.... I am saying there are guys ( more than most would admit ) who DO believe that so called regional pilots EN MASS are inferior to them.

Forgot... we will just have to agree to disagree.... I first got into this business in 1992 and have seen the morph from jetstreams and SAABS... to what we see to day at the so called regional carriers. WHAT have the majors being doing the past twenty years... flying less domestic ..MORE international..... and cedding that flying to these contract or wholly owned carriers......and by all indications at least most mainline companies who like more of the 70-90 seat jet flying .... I just think its what they want. I dont like the end result as should no pilot.... but I think if you sit back and really look at the industry over the past 30 years and see what commuters use to fly as far as equipment and routes and what most are flying today......... I mean what is DCI, and UALexpress... etc... in most cases they are medium even some long haul domestic service. Certainly short feeder routes can be found. But much of what the large RJs are being used on is hub to hub ... or hub to large city domestic flying.

Much has been said about "taking it back".... take it back by all means.... but to do so you just might have to take the pilots who fly it as well. If they dont measure up.... time, training, and evaluation will weed them out.