Thread: I Love PSA
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 08:43 AM
OnMyWay
Permanent Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Originally Posted by Blueskies21 View Post
I had a big long reply ready, but APC glitched and I'm not willing to retype it. I'll boil it down.

SeaFeye- It's hard to understand what it is to be unemployed without doing it yourself, I hope that you never have to trade places with one of the guys on furlough. I'd never been unemployed, and I didn't like it. Even worse now with the job prospects ever shrinking.
You think it's morally right to fly open time and I think it's morally wrong. I don't think we're going to agree. It's not cost neutral to the company 6 hours for you vs 72 for a reserve. Ditch the reserve and they just got a 64 hour discount and you helped them do it.

Deadstick35- We all agree management is out for cost savings, how long before they decide as you just said it's cheaper to pay 6 hours than 72 hours? Then another batch of guys hits the streets. If everyone stopped picking up open time, it would protect the guys on the bottom of the list now too. No open time flying, and maybe the bottom guys would be flying enough to get close to guarentee, not to mention maybe they'd get some per diem.

That, right there, makes good sense. Thank you for being an adult in your reply. I was beginning to lose hope.