View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 02:30 PM
RockyBoy
Doesn't Get Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007

Originally Posted by Rhino Driver View Post
Can somebody give a synopsis of NWA LOA 2006-10, 2006-14. I can't find it and need a little help. Details please! What's the current DAL MEC stance on this issue? Sorry if it's buried in the thread and I missed it.
It's on the ALPA site under the JCBA attachements. Basically it says that if Delta furloughs pilots then furloughed pilots are entitled to vacancies at the DCI carriers if they get ADDITIONAL jets larger than 51 seats after we furlough. If it is a wholly owned carrier we get 100% of the Captain and FO vacancies. If it is not a wholly owned carrier, but leases jets from Delta, then we get 50% of the Captain and FO vacancies. So we would have the flowback to Compass, all the slots at Comair and Mesaba, 50% of the slots at ASA, SkyWest, Shuttle America, Pinnacle, and Mesa. This LOA was signed by NWA and only applied to Pinnacle and Mesaba when signed. It was incorporated into the JCBA with no changes so the way it reads, it now applies to all affiliate carriers of Delta. I guess the RJDC has a deal with ALPA national and they are saying it doesn't apply to Comair and ASA.