View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 07:25 PM
johnso29

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by Bucking Bar View Post
Oh no... the virus has spread to the "latest and greatest" thread. Let me set down the White Russian and get all of you some aspirin.

The RJDC no longer exists, the Corporation was dissolved. There is no such thing as the "RJDC settlement agreement."

There is the ALPA administrative policy manual. It requires that MEC's submit their scope openers to National, the MEC's attempt to resolve their differences and if they are unable to do so, ALPA National has the power to withhold the President's signature.

For the near future, that policy will be monitored by the (is NY the 6th District, I forgot) Federal Court. There is a Ford and Cooksey action, resolved as a class action which held ~2,500 Comair and ASA pilots. It is available, it is a public document, but I'm on the road and don't have the link with me.

ALPA is abiding, I know, the dude abides.... you all know that. Don't go all Walter on me.

Bottom line, no MEC can negotiate scope unilaterally. ALPA National is supposed to keep the kids from fighting. That has always been their job, they just have to be a better parent now.

But really, could we avoid a hijack of just this one thread. I like coming here to learn the latest and greatest, not a decades old fight between ALPA bros.
Interesting......he can't respond to this one.