View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Slice
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Spartan

Originally Posted by atpwannabe View Post
This conversation is really getting interesting to hear all the pros and cons about PFT/PFJ, not to mention the other thread about "Teaching students right and wrong about PFT/PFJ". I believe it's in the "Flight Training" forum. This subject seems to be the line in the sand for so many. I can see both sides of the argument. But can we really crucify the person that decides to take that route? It may just be what the doctor order for them. Not a whole lot of CFI jobs out there. If a person does decide to go the way of PFT, when things do pick up again, they will be in the hunt.

I got a call from Gulfstream today. Given the state of the economy and industry, they are offering a program where if you're not able to be offered a line position with them, for another 5K you can accumulate another 150 hrs of turboprop time in the 1900 flying as an FO. I wonder how much it would cost to go to say...FlightSafety and purchase 150 hrs in a KA200?

Mmmmm!

atp
PFJ is like russian roulette...you never know who's gonna be on the other side of that interview desk, not good for said applicant if it were me. I wouldn't spend the money even in good hiring times. To each his own though.