View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 06:09 PM
Jetjok
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Retired

I received a phone call this evening from ALPA's Executive Chairman for Pilot Assistance (Alaska Gator), who is working on a proposal for an enhanced emergency medical kit, for long-haul cargo aircraft. This kit would include enhancements such as: an AED, epi-pens and some oral medications, and since I had written to our CP about AED's, he was interested in my take on things, which I gave him gladly.

His request is that if any of you know of a Freight Dog, who has had a heart-related medical issue during flight, to share that information with him, so that he can use it to increase the chances of the FAA's willingness to create an FAR that specifically directs All-Cargo Airlines to carry an enhanced emergency medical kit. As well, AG is working directly with the cargo carriers, in the hope of getting these kits installed, on a voluntary basis.

If any of you can help, I'm sure that both he and anyone who, in the future, might suffer a critical heart situation, in flight, would be most appreciative. It could even be you!

JJ