View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 12:33 PM
aircraftdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: 175 CA

Originally Posted by 80ktsClamp View Post
Yes, CPZ pilots' initial interviews were their NWA interview.

Personally, I don't care if they start as first year FOs or keep their longevity in a staple.... get them on board. We've gotta get this ball rolling and now!

It's good to all you guys support CPS pilots even if it's mainly a result of wanting the airplanes on the DAL certificate. That doesn't hurt my feelings.

If this actually happened, lets talk about staffing and pay.

If there was no furlough as a result of this deal, I would assume all CPS FOs would stay E175 FOs. Then, it would take 12 months (estimate) to train 160 DAL pilots to be E175 Captains. As a DAL pilot transitions into the seat, the former CPS captain would go to another plane..whatever.

So that means for up to 8 months, a former CPS guy would be a DAL Captain...how about those apples. Anyway, that neat experience would be short lived..but it is a fact. So, what should a CPS/DAL Captain be paid?

As a CPS CA now, I would love to paid Year 1 DAL Captain pay for my time flying the E175 as CA. Then, whatever I fly as FO, I would be happy with year 1 DAL FO rate. Now, thats the way it should be. It's unfair to many of the DAL FOs, but hey, thats the way it should be. I'm a capitalist. But not only that, if you paid us CPS guys any less, it would set a bad precident for what guys are worth (from the Mad dog guy to the 747 driver).

BUT, to get this deal done...that is E175s on the DAL certificate and me a lowly CPS guy on the DAL list as a result of the staple job....

I would then want at minimum, my CPS CA pay rate while I'm flying the E175 and then when I go the FO seat, I'll take the DAL year 1 FO pay. But, I want my DAL longevity to start as soon as the staple job is complete. Ideally, I want longevity to start from my hire date at CPS, but I'm not going to be unrealistic because quite frankly, the flow agreement has me starting at year 1 anyway.

But, lets not forget that a CPS does not have to flow right now. So, a staple job (while the majority want it), is a negative for some guys at CPS. So, therefore, lets all not be so quick to accept the existing language that a CPS guy should go immediately to year 1 pay.

Anyhow, what say you?