Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 01:37 PM
A320Flyer
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by bubi352 View Post
Skybolt you are right. It does not make sense now but there are some good opportunities abroad. Or at least it appears. I met several FOs and CAs from Spirit (don't know them personally) who said they had interviews lined up with Etihad, Gulf Air and Qatar Airways. In view of the current economic situation, it's far from being a bad choice.
Let me re-post after being censored for an alleged "profane" word...

Tell you what. I had to go out there to check it out. I interviewed with two of the three airlines you listed and canceled the other one. Myself and most of the Americans that were out there did not like what they saw. On the A320's: 8 days off a month, mostly red-eyes, no bidding system, no true criteria for upgrade or fleet transfer (it's partly merit based), hat and suit patrol, if you're single don't plan on finding a girlfriend... and many other cultural shock issues (killer traffic, living in compound, listening to the 5-times-a-day prayers on loud speakers, etc). Now, I understand that having a job beats not having one. Personally, I'd rather fly checks for Flight Express here in the States, then fly A320's for any one of those airlines. Europeans take the job because they are WAY closer to home than we are. Even so, I met several brits, that had jobs in Europe (Easyjet, RyanAir, etc.) that said screw this ...

Blue skies!

Last edited by A320Flyer; 02-18-2009 at 01:52 PM. Reason: typo