View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 06:54 PM
RiddleEagle18
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Default Comair/Mesaba Merged Seniority List.

With the recently announced RHS, and the continued cutting of back office management at both companies there is alot of speculation over here at comair that a merger is on the way.

Lets not debate whether it will happen or not, lets just assume it does.

How do you guys feel the list should be integrated?

Some facts to consider.

1. Very senior pilot group at comair. Most junior pilot on property has now been with the company for over 2 years. 300 on furlough

2. Senior pilots at mesaba who were there during bankruptcy and then a large portion of the list hired within the last 3 years.

3. Without counting comair's furloughs both pilot groups are almost exactly the same size.

4. Mesaba 35 900's, 17 200's, 49 sf340's

5. Comair 13 900's, 15 700's, 92 200's

6. No orders for airplanes for either company and all 900's have been accounted for under delta's new LOA with their pilots.

My personal thought is it would be almost straight ratio.

If you look at ALPA-ALPA mergers in the past they almost always come out straight ratios with some fences around certain a/c.

You could argue that comair doesnt have saabs so any pilot at comair should be able to hold a jet at the combined company. But I believe that would be offset by the fact that new hires at Mesaba can hold a jet and comair has a much larger exposure to 50 seaters. So throw those out the window and straight ratio is what I think would happen.

Im junior at comair so it really doesnt matter to me. Im sure I will end up junior at the combined company and Im not looking to take anyone seat at mesaba so straight ratio seems fair.

What are your thoughts??