View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Rotorhead
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Delta Colors Busholio

I believe Athena has one year to calculate their decision. This will be interesting in that no one is in charted waters; even Warren Buffet is saying,"Buy America!" and taking put options on key industries.

In all seriousness, I hope they issue them as shares. It would be ideal to ride them back up to the high 20's or 30 range and pull the plug. Either way, the offer was a nice gesture and there are only gains to be made with time (way too much money in cash to file bk and eliminate the positions). Of course if they sell them, it places them into circulation which will pull the share value down slightly and you can likely buy them back at .95 on the dollar and still ride the wave back up. Either way it's a win, just a difference in timing and follow on coarse of actions. In the case of a low value cash-out, it will be very tempting to put them into another aspect of the market.

Can't afford to have Rhino man on my tail again for being sarcastic, time in this industry will work on him however