View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 07:38 PM
triflyier
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Cessna Driver

Red,
Do you personally know any Amerijet pilots? what the situation is for each one of them? why they work for those wages?
I know a few, and most of them did not have a choice, when you have a family to feed and you've been furloughed and the job offer comes up will you say no? specially if nobody is hiring? and you live in South Florida and can't afford to commute and pay for a crash pad? is easy to judge from the outside. Do you really think they have the choice or power to say anything about the 767's? They're just glad they have an opportunity to fly a bigger and "newer" airplane for a little more $$, and maybe with the new type and experience they can afford to move on to greener pastures.
I feel your pain and I am with you an every other pilot on the street. Been there done that! is not fun!
How many times have you seen the pilot group making decision or choices over management? Do you think they have control or the power to tell management what to do or how much they should pay?
They've been fighting for many, many, many years for a Union, but their group is too small and the company always wins.
It is not their choice, they're just excited about the "new big airplane" and the opportunity.
So I don't think it is fair to star a Jumpseat war or judge them, I bet if they had the power they will demand ABX pay rates!