View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 06:33 AM
KZ1000Shaft
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: SF340

I used to work in the HAU (korean) program that was taken over by Pan Am International Flight Acadamy and later moved to Phoenix. I dont think they require a class 1 to work for them. Starting pay is $30,000, monday-friday 8-5 with benefits. The minimums used to be higher than what the regionals are hiring at now (1000 tt) but they may have gone down since then. If that is what you are interested in I can get you some contact info for over there. They also have a program there with the chineese that has lower minimums. Don't know the detail on the pay or benefits for that though.

A better bet would be to get on as a ground school instructor at an airline. The guy who did my last recurrent only had a private but had studied his ass off to learn the airplane. I think you might get burnt out less with this option and it might even be able to lead to a sim instructor position.

Getting a masters at teaching at a university or flight instructing at a university may even be a good option. If you are still at UND (or even recently graduated) go talk to your academic advisor. He will be able to offer you the most help.