View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 09:16 PM
TimoC
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2009

Originally Posted by ⌐ AV8OR WANNABE View Post
Yeah, I have two good friends who'd love to come over here but one has a dad who's an IOE guy on the MD and the other has a brother who's a manager on the box side; so both of them are out of luck!

I do understand about the management trying to be impartial and all but c'mon this company WAS created by two brothers, right?

I understand FDX is totally opposite when it comes to the nepotism rules. When I used to flight instruct at my former university we had many students who had relatives at FDX; we used to bet which one of the kids would get on with Purple the fastest. Almost all of the ones I knew were hired shortly after they got their 1,000 turbine pic at the commuter of their choice; many went to Pinnacle, etc and many chose other, smaller commuters were you could upgrade in no time just to get the turbine pic time; they knew they had interviews waiting for them. Some were really young when they got on, heck with this new age 65 rule, they’ll eventually have some 40-year captains over there.

Hmmm, sounds like you got the hiring scheme right...Meritocracy,not kissmybuttocracy..

Last edited by TimoC; 02-20-2009 at 09:30 PM.