View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 07:21 PM
loubetti
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Cessna 210 Turbo

Originally Posted by Not2fast View Post
Maybe all of us who have no idea how it would have turned out if we were in charge or if the circumstances would have been different should just analyze every word out of Sully's mouth and every facial expression he makes instead of just being thankful that he was the guy who got the call that day instead of the bitter, old, cranky SOB that we have all had to sit next to at some time or another. Way to take something good, and beat it until we find something bad to talk about. Imagine if a microphone was in your face every time you opened your mouth, and everybody over analyzed everything you had to say. These boards would eventually make every one of us into crazy egomaniacs.

Thanks Sully for doing our job in a way we should all be proud of.
So, what you are saying is that the "the bitter, old, cranky SOB that we have all had to sit next to at some time or another" coudn't pull off a water landing on the Hudson river that day?

So, Sully did the job that some of you, or perhaps the person who sits next to you could not do?

That's not exactly confidence inspiring.

Then again, Sully did get his share of grief from some of you at these forums, who thought that there were 5 hands on that side stick when it landed in the Hudson.

I gotta tell ya, some of the stuff I read from some of you 121 guys about Sully, at best, was disgusting. Seriously, some of your egos were so out of check it was not funny.

So, now, some of you woke up, yet you still talk about "the bitter, old, cranky SOB that we have all had to sit next to at some time or another".
I mean, we have folks here, via the posts they have made, who cannot comprehend why Sully took over the controls after the engines quit.

That's sad, very sad.

Frankly, I think Skiles could have greased her on the Hudson too, but I just assume have the pilot with way more experience in type and total to give it a shot. After all, there is a reason why he/she has 4 stripes and the title "captain", although I realize that many of you will not understand that.

Again, some of the things you 121 folks said about Sully in other threads here made me want to vomit. It seems like most of you couldn't deal with his "60 Minutes" interview because he used "I".

Indeed, it took a crew for everyone to survive and get out of the plane, but last time I checked It was just one pilot's hand on the stick, and that got the plane on the river with no immediate fatalities.

It's also a river that I have flown over and sailed out of many times. I live overlooking it too.