View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 08:52 PM
Flying Low
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Lantis 838 k-loader/Freightliner FL70

Originally Posted by Rnav View Post
Hate to break it to you New B but everyone has done it at least once while in the cockpit. And bad bathrooms? wait until you fly a jet with loaded passengers and a bad lav. Check out an airplane lav sometime, especially after a turbulent flight, aim seems to be a problem. eeeeewwww!
A worse than average airplane lav is roughly the same as an average truck stop bathroom, probably better. There are guys out there who are so overweight that they probably can't even see their pee-pee.

But too each their own. My business as an owner-operator cratered pretty badly in the end but it was a lot of fun at times.

Doing fun stuff was the straw that broke the camels back, in the end though.

I used a lot of fuel and time driving around looking for parking spots instead of staying put at the truck stop; then finally my truck got sideswiped by a hit and run driver while parked on the street in an industrial area near Camden Yards in Baltimore causing moderately serious damage; didn't have the cash to fix it and ended up having to sell for next to nothing.

I'm kind of hoping to go back, I probably learned enough to have a good shot at success but right now getting away from various personal commitments to be gone for weeks at a time or just get retrained in a specialized field that I can work locally is tough.