Old 02-23-2009, 01:51 AM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by 80ktsClamp View Post
The answer is simply four words:

"Flaming bags of poo"

Subtle, yet gets the point across.

Don't get me wrong, I think we need to ask and push the issue. However we should form it as a scope question not a merger question. We go in and tell the company that we consider the use of the EMB170/175 outsourcing existing flying. The aircraft were used to replace the 737-200, 737-300 and some 727 flying at Delta and they have been used to replace the DC-9 flying at NWA. We tell the company that we want a phased in roll back of scope and the largest jet permitted would at DCI be the Bombardiar 70 seater. The proposal has to include both weight and seat restrictions to accomplish that. Management is going to say no. It however sets expectations and the tone for the next contract. There might also be another window to reopen the contract early where it can be brought up again. Think Alaska airlines!
By the way it is my understanding the Compass issue was raised in the negotiations for the JPWA and the company has already said no and stood by that. They will say no again. Most of the points I have seen put out to try and convince the company its in their best interest sound good on here but don't cost out in real life. We do however have to start now on setting the companies expectations on scope in 2013.