View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 04:28 AM
Rhino Driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 73N CA

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
I don't have a specific answer. I do however believe that bringing Compass onboard without scoping all 76 seat flying and moving the weight limit back down on permitted aircraft to insure the 170/175 can only be operated at the mainline would be a big mistake.

Approaching them now sets the tone for section six negotiations when this contract expires. Setting expectations is important and for that reason I would support a resolution to scope all 170/175 flying. I would not support a resolution to only bring 36 aircraft over. We would regret that big time in the end.

One last point. You can't staple anyone now. There is a federal law involved. It would require that we follow ALPA merger policy. The list or lists involved in a merger would go to arbitration. Arbitration is always a crapshoot.
I agree 100% Sailing. I'm writing my reps regarding scope. NOT stapling Compass or bringing only them to mainline. I thought the point to all of this was to get the flying back to mainline that has been lost over the years.

Anything over 70 seats is flying a route that was at one time flown by a mainline aircraft. These aircraft are the company's replacement for that flying and it's currently being done by DCI.

This isn't about a staple of anybody. This is about holding the line on scope and correcting some of the relaxation we've given the company in past negotiations.

I think this is getting some attention, which means we're doing something right. The point, IMHO, was never to re-open negotiations, but to get this on the radar of DALPA going into 2012.