Old 02-23-2009, 09:29 AM
Ewfflyer
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Man there's been a lot of great discussion in here since I first typed my response. I pretty much am in 100% agreement with what these guys are saying.

Something that might work out for you is as mentioned above is to find someone that can grow with you and be equivelent in the experience you're seeking. So one instructor can get you all the base ratings of PPL/Inst/Comm/Multi, then definately specialize when it's coming to Aerobatics. Then the turbine transition, someone with type-specific training etc... would be highly recommended.

I absolutely agree with the 500+hrs before Glass/Autopilot. These make lazy pilots!!!!!!! I'm not saying they aren't great at reducing workload etc... But realistically it's more for the guys that fly for a living that need all the hlep they can get. You're goal is to fly for enjoyment, and the challenge, AP's do all the dirty work for you!

I'm sure we can all go on and on, but I wish you the best of luck. Just curious though, are they even delivering the SJ30 or certified? I thought that was a back-burner project right now.