Old 02-24-2009, 05:39 AM
Dan64456
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by rotorhead1026 View Post
dan64456:

I follow that forum too. It's the best place to ask the questions you've asked here.

rickair7777:

That's what Dr. Chien says on the AOPA forum. If you already have an SI, you'll be grandfathered. You don't, so you are sort of in limbo. A little.

rickair7777:

dan64456:

Opt for law school. Make a fortune from pilots trying to fight seniority lists and FAA decisions. DON'T work on a contingency basis - bill hours and take most of your money up front. You'll get rich quick. You'll probably never win a case, but that never seems to matter.

Political action? As soon as the FAA quotes medical statistics and accident data to the general public, your congressmen will run for cover. You have no chance.

Find a good certification doc (Chien can hook you up) and get on this problem that way. No disrespect intended, but ranting here is a waste of time. Remember, you haven't failed anything yet. Don't fret. Consult with an expert. There are no experts here - and that includes me. Best wishes and good luck. I think everything will turn out fine for you.

What is an "SI"? I do have an unrestricted first class medical by the way. It expires late this summer...