View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 01:05 PM
DAL4EVER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: 88B - Loud Pipes Save Lives

Originally Posted by slowplay View Post
It's good that a guy with so many management contacts now speaks for the group... Weren't you ASA management before? Seems strange that you holler about scope when that's how you built your qualifications and contacts to get your Delta job.

Maybe you and whoever else makes up "we" can get our scope changed on your own with your "contacts". Of course, those guys you left behind at ASA may call you a ladder puller Or maybe "we" will realize that there is a contract that spells all this out, and that contract is amendable in 2012.
Okay I'll bite. There are two primary ways to get to the majors - military or regional. I don't want to turn this into a a civilian/military argument as we've beaten that to ad nauseum. One of the reasons Delta likes military guys is that they come with leadership skills the military spent time grooming. Prior to 9/11 many of the regional pilots hired were former check airmen/management guys who also served in leadership roles. I know of very few regional pilots hired pre-9/11 that served as only a line pilot.

The majors let the genie out of the box with the RJ. Now we are reaping the the results of pride and ego. Just because a regional pilot got his wings at a regional doesn't mean he is an ardent supporter of the RJ. On the contrary, most realize that if you want true QOL and benefits, you must get to a major. Every RJ means one less major job. They get it.

So why do you have a beef with ACL? His goal was Delta like it was for all of us. He served in leadership roles at ASA and just happens to know people here. He happens to pass on valuable information that neither you nor most others either know or post. I for one think we all are better for it. He also happens to be pushing DALPA to not relinquish any more space on scope. He wants Compass to be apart of Delta. What are you doing about it?

I would keep the personal attacks or snide quips to yourself. As Rhino says, "Have you written your reps today?" I think if you were to really investigate where ACL is coming from you might realize how sincere his motives are at protecting DAL pilots.