View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 01:19 PM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

Originally Posted by DAL4EVER View Post
Okay I'll bite. There are two primary ways to get to the majors - military or regional. I don't want to turn this into a a civilian/military argument as we've beaten that to ad nauseum. One of the reasons Delta likes military guys is that they come with leadership skills the military spent time grooming. Prior to 9/11 many of the regional pilots hired were former check airmen/management guys who also served in leadership roles. I know of very few regional pilots hired pre-9/11 that served as only a line pilot.

The majors let the genie out of the box with the RJ. Now we are reaping the the results of pride and ego. Just because a regional pilot got his wings at a regional doesn't mean he is an ardent supporter of the RJ. On the contrary, most realize that if you want true QOL and benefits, you must get to a major. Every RJ means one less major job. They get it.

So why do you have a beef with ACL? His goal was Delta like it was for all of us. He served in leadership roles at ASA and just happens to know people here. He happens to pass on valuable information that neither you nor most others either know or post. I for one think we all are better for it. He also happens to be pushing DALPA to not relinquish any more space on scope. He wants Compass to be apart of Delta. What are you doing about it?

I would keep the personal attacks or snide quips to yourself. As Rhino says, "Have you written your reps today?" I think if you were to really investigate where ACL is coming from you might realize how sincere his motives are at protecting DAL pilots.
And a sincere thank you DAL4EVER.
That is a fact, and it could not be put better. I will more than likely spend most of my career here trying to better it for all. Not just myself. I already do a few activities that help the group, and in fact ask nothing in return. Believe me when I tell you that this is not about me. It is about us, and the betterment of the group as a whole. The people that know me can attest to that. I do nothing at half standard rate.

(FWIW, I am not a one issue guy, I have five or six other issues that I am working on as well. I am not myopic.)