View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 06:19 PM
rotorhead1026
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: The Far Side

Originally Posted by Double Dog Dare View Post
Why is it that the FAA allowed all the foreigners in to take US corporate pilot jobs, when its already so difficult to get a good job? A US pilot can't go to Canada/Europe/Asia unless they retake all their flight tests, yet anyone can come to the US and their license is automatically converted by the pencil-whipping FAA. You want to stimulate the economy, then start protecting your domestic pilots first.
Baloney. You can get Canadian licenses relatively easily, no flight test required. The job market in Canada isn't good, but it isn't good at home either. I fly in Asia on a FATA based on my FAA license, and there are hundreds of Americans like me - and that's just in India. Some parts of Europe are problematic, but I know we've got Americans flying in Ireland. Yeah, we can start throwing out green card holders, but they'll be replaced with people like me who got thrown out of a foreign country as a result. My resume and qualifications are a bit more competitive than the average "foreign" pilot, so you'd be even worse off. Count your blessings.

Wonderful first post, BTW.