View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 02:56 AM
DeadHead
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

I think this just goes and shows that there is a major disconnect between your average American airline pilot and ALPA representation.

I feel as though Captain Sully has his pulse on the majority of the pilots of this country, and I wonder why ALPA hasn't sent someone to Congress to discuss these very same issues. Maybe they have, and I missed it, but I see a sincerity with Captain Sully and a lot less politicking.

In my opinion, it seems as though our "Fearless Leader" would rather pose for a photo op, rather than postulate and propose real change to an industry with degrading standards of treatments and compensation.

I'll support my union, pay my dues, and do my best to stay informed, but somewhere in the equation it needs to be self-evident that ALPA National is doing what's best for all of their represented pilots, collectively.
The US Air merger integration was and insult to every single pilot at both of those companies, and ALPA should have done more to see through fair and equitable integration.