View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 02:29 PM
C152driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Bug Smasher Captain, CFI

mazaite,

I am sure that you will get many responses from the folks here on this subject and most of them will tell you not to borrow money to get over the experience hump. I am in a simillar situation (about to complete the CFI) and I am actually looking forward to teaching. Perhaps you could use your unique perspectives on the subject matter to better explain the material to students. Lately, I have been learning (the hard way) that what I say to my instructor and what I might say to a student are two completely different things. The instructor is teaching you how to pass the check-ride. They couldnt possibly prepare you for everything that you might see as an instructor.

I have a friend that is an Airbus Captain at FedEx and he never did the CFI thing. He networked like crazy, flew auto parts and other sorts of freight around in the middle of the night in a Beech 18, and generally did what it took to get hooked up to corporate flying gigs. He's also pretty good at networking. They never teach networking at the flight schools, but it seems to be one of the important skills that a pilot needs. So, get out there and introduce yourself to folks!

Hang in there and work hard!