Thread: UPT phases
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 05:16 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by FLY6584 View Post
No way. I finished phase 2 with exactly 86 hours in the T6 then I think I'll have around that or maybe a little more in the T1 come thursday when I'll be UPT complete! I'd definitely say no more than 175 hours total for all of SUPT. I think the 38 guys may get a few more hours, but I doubt 250-270 though.

The T1 track is preparing you to fly something heavy. It is very intensive on instrument flying and mission planning along with a fair share of low levels, simulated airdrops, and simulated AR's where the 38 is preparing you to fly something with a strike mission so it has a lot of aerobatics, formation flying, and low levels with a little bit of instruments/navigation mixed in there.

But yes they both occur after the T6 phase and you earn your wings after completing the T1/T38 track.
That sounds more along the lines of what I figured.
I came out of T-34s (Primary) with 60+ hrs.
Came out of Intermediate Strike with another 80 hrs in the T-2C.
Then got a little over 100+ hrs in the TA-4J to get winged.
Now remember - I had to go through basicaly the AM stage and instrument stage on each different aircraft too.
That was one part of the savings that was suppose to occur when they went to strictly the T-45 syllabus.
Advanced strike though was the only phase that we did strike, low levels, and BFM though we did do an air-to-air gunnery series of flights in the T-2C and we CQ'ed in both the jets too.

It is certainly interesting to see the differences in the training tracks.

USMCFLYR