View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 11:08 AM
DAL4EVER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: 88B - Loud Pipes Save Lives

Originally Posted by DeadHead View Post
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/february-traffic-weakens-further-delta/story.aspx?guid={438B2E5C-7835-4D55-BE5F-6C122CD522F9}&dist=msr_1

Downgraded from Buy to Strong Buy...

I guess that a good sign for those with a few extra bucks to kick around.
I think if it went from a buy to a strong buy that would be an upgrade. An upgrade is a good sign. The shares may travel south as news of the loss circulates without people reading beyond the initial numbers. Also, keep in mind, that on March 6 when we get our shares, there could be a sizeable number of pilots that sell. That will also depress the shares in the nearterm especially in context with the larger market. The good news is that if you want Delta stock, you are going to be getting some here in a few days. Hold on to it as ACL is doing and you may see a nice return in the next 12-18 months.

I personally am holding all shares I get. The stock is already depressed. The market is usually forward looking and leads the general economy by six-nine months. As a result, most are predicting that if the turnaround does begin at the end of this year to beginning of next, the market would historically be reaching its bottom. Also, you generally retest the previous lows which we have done this past week. All in all, I think we are watching capitulation taking place. There is no good news anywhere, and everyone, including Warren Buffett sees no end in sight. That is generally when the bottoms take place.